In my view, spirulina is a magical ingredient that can do wonders for your skin and provides incredible health benefits. It is a form of blue-green algae, rich in amino acids, Omega-3 fatty acids, lipids, Vitamin A, E & K, and a variety of minerals. The high concentration of amino acids makes it a popular nutritional supplement, increasingly becoming an addition to the diet and skincare products of many.
Implementing it into your diet/skincare regime can provide numerous benefits to your skin:
1. Spirulina improves gut health which contributes to healthy & naturally glowing skin
2. Loaded with antioxidants, it helps fight free radicals to prevent premature ageing
3. It possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling and redness
4. The high nutrient and mineral content, and antioxidant properties aids in the reduction of acne and promote cell repair
5. Spirulina also increases the skin’s metabolism, which enables faster healing
6. It works well for all skin types and can even help ease several skin issues like acne, eczema, damaged skin barrier etc.
This superfood is your skin’s BFF! There are multiple ways of consuming Spirulina.
1. Make it a part of your diet by adding Spirulina powder to your smoothies, juices, lemonades, and lattes.
2. The powder can also be added to soups, salads, dips, and dressings; making it easy to incorporate into your daily meals.
3. Energy balls made with Spirulina powder, nuts, seeds and dried fruits is another scrumptious way to consume this blue-green algae. You could also coat them with melted chocolate and turn them into delicious truffles.
4. If you are someone who doesn’t enjoy cooking or doesn’t want to go through the hassle of making the above items on a daily basis, you could simply opt for the tablet form.
5. Another great way of consuming Spirulina is topically, through skincare products. Look for serums, creams, and masks containing blue-green algae.
For me, this marine ingredient worked its magic in no time. I hope it does for you too.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this journal are those of the authors and are for information purpose only and not a medical advice. Further, they do not reflect the opinions or views of Aminu Wellness Pvt Ltd or any of its directors. Any content provided by the author are of their opinion and are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, individual or anyone or anything.